The Best Gaming Mouse 2018 has to Offer
One thing we need to get out of the way before we pick the best gaming mouse 2018 – don’t get trapped into thinking that the best gaming mouse is the one that costs an arm and a leg. The best gaming mice around need to strike a balance between fantastic performance and competitive pricing.
What are some advantages of a using a gaming mouse
Why should you even consider buying a gaming mouse? Well you have custom built gaming computer and it wouldn’t make sense to use a $5 mouse or keyboard with a $2,000 PC, right?
You deserve to get the most out of your gaming computer.
Here are just a few of the advantages of using a gaming mouse
- Better Performance And Durability
- Superb Comfort And Ergonomic Advantages
- More Productive Work
- They Do Not Turn Off
- Are more ergonomic
- Prevention of sweat build up
- Programmable buttons
- Adjustable sensitivity
Best Gaming Mouse 2018
No matter what kind of games you like to play we are confident that the gaming mice listed here will serve you well. You will find one that finds the right balance of performance and price. Keep in mind that no gaming mouse is perfect. Even the top pick on our list has some flaws. We think that they are minor though.
The best gaming mouse we’ve reviewed
- Custom TrueMove3 12,000 CPI, 350 IPS optical 1-to-1 tracking esports sensor
- Legendary SteelSeries Sensei ambidextrous design for claw and palm grip styles
- Exclusive split-trigger left/right buttons deliver guaranteed 50 million click durability
- Two-zone, multi-color Prism RGB illumination for customizable lighting
The low entry fee keeps it on the same level as what you’d pay for a new game, while its amazing TrueMove 3 optical sensor, produced through an exclusive partnership with mouse sensor titans Pixart, makes it almost infeasible to compete with. This mouse, with no preference when it comes to dexterity, features frankly unparalleled real-world sensitivity.
- Perfectly designed to fit snugly under your palm, the ergonomic shape of the Razer DeathAdder Elite gives gamers the most comfortable gaming experience
- equipped with a 16,000 dpi optical sensor. It is capable of mouse movement speeds of up to 450 inches per second with 99.4% resolution accuracy
- Gaming-optimized mechanical mouse switches – durable up to 50 million clicks. DPI buttons at your fingertips and customizable lighting
The DeathAdder series of gaming mice are among the best selling and highest reviewed gaming mice. These are smaller mice that can easily fit any game. Some gamers prefer a smaller experience so that they can more easily access buttons and react quicker in many games. This is also a very accurate mouse. It has a 16,000 DPI sensor that is very exacting and will allow you to play games with a higher accuracy. From World of Warcraft to first person shooters, you will be gaming like a pro.
- Surface tuning calibration: Easily calibrate the optical sensor to get best tracking performance for your specific mouse pad surface
- Weight and balance tuning: Adjust the weight, center of balance and placement of weights for personalized feel and performance
- 11 programmable buttons: Set up one-button triggers to execute any command or macro at lightning speed
- On-the-fly DPI: Quickly switch through up to 5 DPI settings (200-12,000) or temporarily downshift DPI for sniping
The Logitech G502 Proteus is an excellent mouse that is clearly designed with gaming in mind. It comes at a modest price, but for a modest price, you get a lot of features including DPI as high as 12,000 DPI. The fact that this mouse has five included weights for balancing and a full 11 programmable buttons means that this is an excellent product for first person shooters and MMOs.
- Adaptive Frequency Technology
- 5G laser sensor which gives you 16,000 DPI and 210 Inches per Second (IPS) tracking
- Hybrid on-board and cloud memory to give you absolute flexibility
- Gaming-optimized Razer Mechanical Switches and nine independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- Ambidextrous design with enhanced rubber side grips and approximately 24 hours battery life
Users praise the precision and speed with which they are able to compete in their favorite games with the Razer Lancehead. They praise the ease of installation, the smoothness, and the lighting. The Lancehead is designed to provide an ergonomic experience for gamers who intend to game for hours on end. It’s also designed to be ambidextrous, which is a major plus for left-handed gamers who want to play like pros. A solid contender for best gaming mouse 2018.
- Having three different illumination points is very cool looking on this mouse
- With all of its unique features, if you enjoy sniping and shooting in first person shooters, this is the mouse that was designed for your type of gaming
- It has eight strategically placed buttons for exceptional key bind options
- 12,000 DPI is exceptional for gamers who seek smooth control
Corsair is a company that is known for crafting excellent PC components. This is a high sensitivity mouse that is capable of a 12,000 DPI performance level. The Corsair M65 is definitely designed for gamers who specifically enjoy first person shooters. You get buttons to adjust the DPI to your liking, some customizable buttons, as well as a very, very handy weight tuning system that allows you remove some of the weights and put them away in order to make the mouse lighter. And as you FPS know, a lighter mouse means your hand will have an easier time gliding it, something a lot of FPS gamers are looking for.
- Assign secondary functions to each of the Roccat Nyth’s 18 plugged-in buttons
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Tons of ways to customize
- Real Time Strategy (RTS)
- Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO)
- Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games
- First Person Shooter (FPS)
The Nyth is a capable mouse with incredible customization potential and intuitive new software. In its default configuration, the Nyth has a protracted palm rest, which favors a claw grip. Users can also swap the palm rest out for a longer one that’s ideal for palm grips.
How to Choose The Best Gaming Mouse
You have no doubt noticed that not all gaming mice are designed for every type of game. Some gaming mice, for example, are better for first person shooters, while some mice are designed for games that need more buttons like MMORPGs and MOBAs.
Generally games are categorized into four genres:
There are a lot of complicated technical specifications that go into gaming mice, including fancy jargon such as polling rates and DPI ratings. You’ll want a higher number of both, but there’s a stark difference between these two nonsensical, yet crucial terms.
If you are a newcomer to the world of PC gaming, that DPI is shorthand for ‘dots per inch.’ The higher the number, the wider the range wherein you can specify your how sensitive your mouse is. If you don’t have a lot of desk space available and you want accuracy and precision, then opt for a gaming mouse featuring a higher DPI rating. Of course, you can always toggle a lower DPI too.
You may also want to consider the polling rate. A high polling rate gives you faster response times. The polling rate is measured in hertz, so it usually ranges from around 125 to 1,000Hz. The latter means that your mouse’s position is reported to your computer 1,000 times per second. Other key gaming mouse factors you’ll want to consider are ergonomics – particularly if you’re left-handed – and RGB lighting.
Should you choose Wired, Wireless, or a Hybrid gaming mouse? Wireless technology is everywhere. Wireless mice have had a stigma for years. The general consensus is that they either take too long to charge, don’t have enough charge in general, or aren’t quite as responsive (due to lag) as wired mice. Things are much better in 2018. Wireless technology is improving greatly and the best wireless mice in 2018 will suffer from very minimal lag.
Wrap Up the Best Gaming Mouse 2018 For You
You are spoiled for choice when it comes to picking the best gaming mouse 2018. The list of gaming mice that we’ve reviewed here in this article are all excellent products. Take a look at our reviews, read our buying guide, and find the best mouse for your games so that you can crush the competition!
Are you looking for some of the best gifts for men under $50? Check out of buying guide here