Best Self Balancing Scooters Reviews
If you are wondering what are the best self balancing scooters(hoverboards) you should consider buying in 2018, then take a look at our self balancing scooter reviews and recommendations.
What Is A self Balancing Scooter?
A self-balancing scooter (also “hoverboard”, self-balancing board) is a self-balancing personal transporter consisting of two motorized wheels connected to a pair of articulated pads on which the rider places their feet. The rider controls the speed by leaning forwards or backwards, and direction of travel by twisting the pads.(Read more here)
Is Using a Two Wheel Self Balancing Scooter Safe?
When is comes to safety concerns there are considerations. You need to make sure that the self balancing scooter you buy is certified. This means that it is the most up to date it can be and comes from a reputable manufacturer. A certified two wheel scooter has passed the fire and electrical testing needed to receive such certification.
Here are some electric scooter saftey tips
- Know The Types Of Places With The Best Environments Conducive To Fun, Safe Riding
- Know What Makes Your Scooter Work So You Can Be Aware If Something Ever Seems Off
- Be Aware Of Good Safety Practices
- Know Local Driving Laws and Special Local Regulations
- Practice in a Safe Place First!
How To Choose The Best Self Balancing Scooter
When it comes to buying your new electric scooter there are certain things to look for. You will want to keep in mind:
- The battery life and charging time
- Weight limit
- Maximum speed
- Does is meet all safety certifications>
What are The Best Self Balancing Scooters 2018
Select the one that fits your budget as well as your specific needs. There are many different features that make each one more unique than the other. Think of battery life, speed, charging time, mileage and any additional features like music or Bluetooth that would be an added benefit just for you! As the hoverboards below are all safe and certified, it really boils down to price, design and mileage for these ones.
- You can use the remote control function from the app.
- It looks very stylish.
- It has an efficient steering system compared to a regular hoverboard.
- The range coverage is excellent.
- The LED lights can be customized.
A 4.5 star rating from 695 users on Amazon make this the top pick for one of the best self balancing scooters you can buy. Yes it is pricey. This top rated hoverboard has a higher speed, longer battery life and is the safest one on the market right now. And it has a great design! It is perfect for beginners since it is very easy to ride. In fact, you can become a two wheel scooter expert in no time. It is designed to sense the movements of your body so as to keep it in balance.
- 8 mph top speed and 7-12 mile range – weight up to 220 lbs
- UL 2272 certified – the SWAGTRON 2-wheel self-balancing scooter excelled in all electrical safety tests
- new features include: LED headlights, battery indicators, rubber bumpers, and two riding modes
- The rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 2-3 hours on a single full charge.
The Swagtron T1 happens to be one of the most comfortable, and best two wheel balancing scooter you can currently buy. Swagtron happens to be one of the leading brands in the hoverboard business, and their T1 model has some of the best electric scooter features you will want. If you feel you want some extra features also take a look at their incredible T6 model.
- speed of 8+ mph with silent 350-watt motors and a run-time of up to 60 minutes of continuous use for riders up to 220 lbs
- quick-change 36V lithium ion battery pack made with authentic LG cells
- Built with Razor’s exclusive EverBalance technology, which automatically levels the Hovertrax 2.0 for an easier mount and extremely smooth ride
- features include cool-blue LED light bar display, fender bumpers, LED battery power indicator, and two riding modes for training & normal use
The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 comes feature packed with all the stuff you would be looking for in one of the best self balancing electric scooters. The Hovertrax 2.0 is decently fast and does 360-degree spins on a dime, but it’s stable enough not to send riders flying when things go awry.
4. Halo Rover Hoverboard
- UL 2272 SAFETY CERTIFIED – each Halo Rover has passed UL certification
- EXCLUSIVE HALO TECHNOLOGY – included are Halo Technology sensors that provide the smoothest ride possible
- BLUETOOTH & MOBILE APP – blast music to your board from your phone. Customize the board to your riding style with the Halo Rover app
- ALL TERRAIN HOVERBOARD – ride anywhere with your Halo Rover. Go on streets, mud, sand, or snow
- LEARNING, NORMAL, & ADVANCED MODE – change the riding modes with your Halo Rover to fit your style
With its high-density aluminum fender wings, large all-terrain tires, and max weight limit of 264 lbs, the Halo Rover is an absolute beast of a self balancing scooter.
It comes packed with every feature you would want into an amazing looking hoverboard. It even features No Fall Technology in the form of Ride-Assist, which keeps the hoverboard upright and balanced at all times while it’s turned on. Yes it is very high priced but the feature set is awesome.
- The EPIKGO self balancing scooter has 400W Dual Motors that help it climb slopes as steep as 18 degree and last over 1 hour and over 10mile range on a single charge, making it the most powerful balance board on the market.
- Solid rubber tires for all- terrain purposes. Rated IP56 for solidness and water resistance. Easily maneuver through grass, mud and sand on the board built to do more.
- EPIKGO is nearly 2x more powerful and 30% larger than the leading competitor meaning more foot space, a more stable ride and more control. Plus the built-in fast 2 hour fast charging technology, it makes the most sophisticated product of its kind.
- 1 year limited warranty covers parts and labor from the manufacturer, a US company based in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Certainly one of the best self balancing scooters! With an aluminum alloy frame, 8-1/2″ all-terrain tires and a semi-submersible design, the Epikgo Classic self balancing scooter may be brawnier than other 2-wheelers, but it’s also faster, more powerful and capable of handling rougher roads than competitors, too.
When looking to buy one of the best self balancing scooters you can rest assured that the above suggestions are indeed among the best hoverboards you can choose from. They meet all of the latest safety certifications and come loaded with the best features you are looking for.