What is The Best Projector Under $1000?
We think the BenQ HT2050 is the best projector for under $1,000. Its best-in-class contrast ratio, bright output, and impressive color accuracy help it compete against projectors costing twice as much.
The BenQ HT2050 features
- HIGH RESOLUTION: 3D 1080p projector with ANSI Brightness of 2,200 Lumens, 15,000:1 contrast, premium RGBRGB Color Wheel and ISFccc Certified Calibration for Day/Night viewing
- QUIET PROJECTOR: Whisper quiet operation, with the lowest fan noise in its class allows viewers to hear the movie, not the projector.
- SHORT THROW PROJECTOR: Easy installation and setup with a diagonal screen size of 60″ – 180″, 1.3x zoom, Vertical Lens Shift and a throw ratio of 1.15 – 1.5 (79″ @ 2m)
- ENERGY EFFICIENT PROJECTOR: Includes SmartEco technology for energy conservation and auto standby mode to save energy and prolong lamp life; lamp lasts up to 7,000 hours
- RELIABLE BRAND: BenQ is the #1 best-selling DLP projector brand worldwide with 1 year warranty for parts and labor
- Clear Image Size/ Maximum Image Size.60″~180″ / 300″
BenQ HT2050 Picture Quality
For the average buyer who is looking for a quality home theater projector under $1000 the BenQ HT2050 is sure to please.
The HT2050’s image quality is near excellent. In tests, it does a good-to-excellent job on color quality, skin tones, and shadow detail (details based on shading in dark areas), depending on the clip. Videophiles report seeing some annoyingly obvious noise in dark areas in some particularly demanding test clips and moderately obvious noise in others, with the noise-reduction feature doing nothing to lessen it. However, that counts as only a minor issue. Noise is common with inexpensive projectors, and it shows up only in scenes that tend to bring out the problem.
For the average user this is nothing you will even notice.
Also note that unlike some other projectors in this price range, the BenQ HT2050 includes a backlit remote that is easy to use in the dark.
The BenQ HT 2050 is one of the best home projector(s) with the best sound. The 10 watt speakers deliver far better sound quality than most competitors and their is enough volume to fill most family rooms. This is great is you intend to move the projector around as you will not have to worry about an external sound system.
Hooking up and external sound system is just a matter using the audio output, so you can automatically switch the audio source when you switch the image source.
Best Projector For Gaming
Again, at this price point, the BenQ HT2050 is one of the best projectors for gaming. The quality of the image, brightness, and contrast ratio and all excellent. And the other big factor is lag, of which there is virtually none. Gamers rejoice! This is a fantastic home theater projector for all of your gaming action.
Best Budget Home Theater Projector
As a consumer you could go out and spend a lot of money on a projector. Or you can buy the BenQ HT2050 and save almost 40% off the price of a more expensive unit to get one with almost the same performance. It is certainly the best budget home theater projector that can be purchased for well under $1000.00
The BenQ HT2050 has the best contrast ratios in its class and more realistic color than the competition, and it’s brighter than some projectors that cost three times as much. All this for $700.00